Links may not function; however, this content may be relevant to outdated versions of the product.
Generating a system-wide database trace
As an alternative to using the Database Trace tool, you can trace system-wide database statistics. As a best practice, do this for very short periods on a non-production system.
ServiceExportdirectory that can become very large quickly, and can affect system performance. Use this setting only for brief periods, and when a single-requestor DB trace is not suitable.
To enable a system-side database trace, do either of the following steps.
- Update the prconfig.xml file and restart the server.
- Update the <database> node of the prconfig.xml file to add this
<entry key="dumpStats" value="true" />
- Stop and restart the application server.
- Update the <database> node of the prconfig.xml file to add this element.
- As an alternative to updating the prconfig.xml file, you can use dynamic system settings to configure your application. See Using dynamic system settings.
Previous topic Viewing database trace results in Excel Next topic Preventing truncated property values