Import rules and data instances from your file system or repository into your Pega Platform instance by using the Import wizard. Rules, data, and other artifacts
in the imported file are added to the rules that are already in this system. Use the Import
wizard to upload archives up to 1 GB in size; for larger files, use File Transfer Protocol (FTP)
or another means to place the file into the
- Importing custom XML files for input streams
Use custom XML files for use as an input stream by importing the XML files as a Java archive (JAR) and extracting the files using an activity.
- Importing custom Java archives and classes
Incorporate third-party Java functionality into Pega Platform™ by importing a Java archive (JAR) file or class.
- Pre-import and post-import collections
Add steps to the pre-import and post-import collections to take specific actions based on archive metadata. Pre-import steps run before every archive import attempt. Post-import steps run after every successful archive import.
- Selecting a file to import
Select an archive file of rules and data instances to import.
- Setting advanced mode and reviewing the archive contents
Optionally use advanced mode to review and select the archive contents before you import the archive. You can also set additional import options for schema and rule changes.
- Viewing and applying schema changes
Review the list of schema changes to determine whether to proceed with the import and either automatically apply the schema changes, or download a SQL DDL script that defines the changes and manually apply the DDL to the database.
- Inserting new instances by importing an archive
Specify which new instances in the archive are added to the target system.
- Addressing older instances in an import archive
If your target system includes instances that are newer than the instances in the archive, specify which instance to keep.
- Automatically populating new columns in existing tables
If an import adds columns to existing tables, use advanced mode to automatically expose and populate the new columns after the import.
- Scheduling indexes for population
If the archive you import includes new indexes, schedule a post-import job to add and populate the new indexes.
- Resolving pre-existing rule conflicts
If your import archive includes rule instances that are already present in the target system, resolve the conflict before you continue the import.
- Changing the built-on version of an application to the current version
If you imported an application that was built on an earlier major version of Pega Platform, edit the application definition to include the current version.