Links may not function; however, this content may be relevant to outdated versions of the product.
Replacing an agent with a Queue Processor rule for delayed messages
Use Queue Processor rules for better performance and greater flexibility instead of agents. Replace an existing agent with a dedicated Queue Processor rule to process delayed messages, for tasks such as scheduling a review a week after a certain date.
- Let the agent run until it resolves all the items that this agent queues.
- Create a dedicated Queue Processor rule.
- Disable a corresponding agent by performing the following actions:
- In the Dev Studio navigation panel, click .
- Select the agent that you want to disable, and then clear the Enabled check box.
- Click Save.
Note: New delayed messages that a queue processor queues and messages from the broken queue are processed after a corresponding agent is disabled. Previous topic Replacing an agent with a Queue Processor rule for real-time messages Next topic Managing job schedulers