You can control when your application archives cases to improve application performance and avoid issues that might negatively impact the performance of Pega Platform.
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, select
- Select the pyPegaArchiver Job Scheduler.
- Copy the job scheduler to a ruleset in your application. For more information, see Creating a specialized or circumstance rule.
- Define the run cycle for the archiving process.
- On the Definition tab, select an option from the Schedule list to indicate how often the archiving process runs.
- Provide additional parameters based on the schedule type that you
For example, you can run the job scheduler every 2 months on the first Wednesday of the month when your schedule type is Monthly.
- In the Start time field, enter a time in hours and
As a best practice, choose a time when there is less demand for case workers.
- In the Time zone list, select an option based on the location of your application.
- Click Save.
- Repeat this procedure for the pyPegaPurger and
pyPegaIndexer Job Schedulers.
- Optional: Repeat this procedure for the pyArchival_ReIndexer property when requiring to fix corrupted indexes after a pyPegaIndexer job.
For more information about these standard job schedulers, review the fields in the Documentation section of the History tab on the Job Scheduler form.