To effectively use node classification, you must associate agents to node types so that only nodes with this node type assignment process the agent work requests.
- To view the lists of agents, you need the pzAgentObserver privilege.
- To perform actions with agents, such as stopping or tracing, you need the pzAgentAdministrator privilege.
- Open an agent rule form.
- Expand the SysAdmin category, and then click Agents.
- Click the name of an agent in the list to open its rule form.
- On the Schedule tab, click the Open condition builder icon in the Associated with Node Types column to open the condition builder for the agent.
- Select the
check box next to each node type that you want to associate with the agent. The agent runs
for all the nodes that are started with the node type or types that you select. For more
information, see Node types for on-premises environments.
Note: By default, agents are associated with the BackgroundProcessing node type.
- Optional: Clear the check box next to each node type that you no longer want to be associated with the agent.
- Click Submit.
- Select the Enabled check box that corresponds to the agent that you want to associate with the node type.
Note: The agent schedule is created during the node startup, if it does not exist.To run the agent on all the node types, select Run on all nodes from the Startup option list and save the rule form.