To avoid race conditions associated with custom actions for advanced agents, make the actions thread-safe by ensuring that the agent runs on one node at a time.
Agent rules are no longer being actively developed; Queue Processor rules replace standard agents. For more information, see Using job schedulers and queue processors instead of agents.
- In the navigation pane of Admin Studio, click .
- Click the name of an agent that shows exceptions to open the agent in Dev Studio.
- For each agent, expand the agent record to display the
- Configure the Advanced settings:
- Select the Run this agent on only one node at a time check box.
- Configure the agents to run on one node at a time at staggered intervals by selecting the Delay next run of agent across the cluster by specified time period check box.
- Enter a time window during which to block agent actions in the Block execution within this time window fields.
- Click Save.
- Repeat steps 2 through 5 for each agent which was causing exceptions.
- Retest your application in a multi-node system.