You can use dynamic system settings to configure different aspects of a post-archive purge cycle, for example, the duration of a purge cycle. Use these settings to improve performance during purge cycles and control the intervals at which purge cycles occur.
- In the navigation pane, click App.
- On the Classes tab, in the text box, enter Data-Admin-System-Settings.
- Click the Data-Admin-System-Settings class.
- In the Dynamic System Settings table, select the system
setting that you want to configure from the following options.
- Sets logging on or off to control what is logged in the system console for all purge and archive components, including the crawler, the archiver, the indexer, and the purger. The default value is True, which indicates that logging to the system console is enabled.
- Sets a Java Database Connectivity (JDBC) time-out on the URL
connection to PostgreSQL during a purge query. The default value is
Note: This setting does not apply to data source connections that are defined for Apache Tomcat servers and other external app servers, because these servers specify the time-out directly in the data source configuration.
- Sets pacing to pause purge in between queries during a purge action to allow other operations to access the database. The default value is 0.
- Sets the max duration for an entire purge cycle such that no new classes will be purged when the limit is reached. However, the class being purged will complete normally. The default value is 0.
- Sets the batch size for the bulk delete operation of records in the Elasticsearch index. The default value is 1000.
- Sets the number of records that a subquery delivers to the delete statement. The default value is 100000.
- In the Value field, enter a value for the system setting that you select.
- Click Save.