Clone classes, database table rules, and class groups to use one application for multiple work types. The Clone Class Group tab creates a set of classes (one of which corresponds to a class group) that match the classes below a specified class. The new and original class groups share the same native database table.
Follow these steps to clone a class group.
- Select to start the Direct Inheritance wizard.
- Complete the first form with the following information:
- The ruleset that contains the classes to be replicated
- The class group (work pool) to be replicated
- A new name for the class group to be created
- Choose any value for the strategic process; this field is not used.
- Click Next.
- Complete the second form:
- The ruleset to contain the new classes
- Checks for each class to be replicated
- Click Next to start replication.
- Clone Class Group tab
You can mirror or "clone" a class structure by using this tab. This might be necessary after installing or migrating a ruleset or product .zip file.