Create a class group using the Class Group form by selecting
Group from the
SysAdmin category. Creating appropriate class groups
is typically done automatically, although you can create a class group and related rules
If you do not use the wizard, designing a class group for a work pool and for the corresponding Work- classes involves several steps. Complete the following steps to create one class group and one work pool.
- Determine the parent class of all the classes that are to become associated with the class group.
- Designate one concrete class to be the "container". This class has the same name as the class group.
- Complete a class form for the container class. Make this a concrete class derived from
Work-Object-, Work-Cover- or another appropriate
Is a class groupin the This class field. On the Keys tab of the form, enter the property pyID as the only key part. When you save the class form, the system creates both the class you define, a history class, and a Class Group data instance. Choose the Short Description text carefully, it defines the application name.
Complete the Class form again for each of the child classes derived from the container
is a member of a class groupfor these classes. Do not complete the Keys array for these classes.
- Update the access groups of developers, testers, or users who need to use the application. Add the class group to the Work Pools list.
- Add properties and other rules as needed for the new classes.
- Keys tab on the Class Group form
Complete this tab to specify the key of this class group. Enter a row for each property that forms the key. If you leave this tab blank, the system uses the key properties defined in the corresponding class rule.
- Locks tab on the Class Group form
Complete this tab to define locking for instances of concrete classes associated with this class group. See Concepts — Understanding object locking.