For informational purposes, you can define multiple database instances that point to the same underlying database but are associated with different integration systems. This is optional, and does not affect the behavior of Pega Platform or the underlying database instance. Integration systems make system configuration easier because they are reusable and selectable when creating data types, integration connectors, and databases.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- Enter a short description, and in the Database field,
enter a name for the additional database. The database name is case-sensitive.
- Click Create and open. The Edit <YourNewDatabaseName> Database page appears.
- Click Inherit from existing connection.
- Optional: To indicate the system of record, in the Integration
system field, press the Down arrow key and select the name of
the integration system to associate with this database.The value that you select is for informational purposes only, and does not affect the behavior of the database instance. You can use this value to organize rules for integration connectors, data types, and sources for data pages.
- In the Use connection details of field, press the Down
Arrow key and select the name of the database instance from which the new
instance inherits the connection details.Only database instances that do not inherit from an existing connection are available in the list.
- Click Save.
- To test the database connection, on the Database tab,
click Test connection.
- If the test fails, diagnostic information appears in a new window. Modify the database instance until the test succeeds.
- This test does not test the administrative user, if any, that you might have specified.