You can defer a work item in an agent queue if the work item has a status of scheduled or immediate. Deferring a work item moves the item to the Broken queue and is useful when you do not want the agent to process the item and you do not want to delete the item.
To view agent queues, you must have the PegaRULES:SysOpsObserver role and to take actions on queue items, you must also have the PegaRULES:SysOpsAdministrator role.
- In the navigation pane of Admin Studio, click .
- Click Scheduled or Immediate.
- In the Queue(s) grid, click the queue that contains the items that you want to defer.
- Defer items using one of the following methods:
To defer individual items:
- In the Item(s) grid, select the items that you want to defer.
- Click Defer.
A message is displayed indicating the number of items that were deferred.
- To defer all items currently in the queue, click Defer All.
- To defer individual items:
The request is submitted and deferral happens in the background. Depending on the number of items in the queue, deferring all items in the queue can take some time. As the items are being deferred, click Refresh to update the grid and the Total Items field in the status block.