You can expose a property as a database column, and populate the new column by extracting values from the Storage Stream (BLOB or pzPVStream) column using the Property Optimization tool in a development system. You can also use this tool to "expose" values of an embedded property by automatically creating an appropriate Index- class and Declare Index rule.
database/AutoDBSchemaChangesmust be true.
You can view the classes for which a property has been optimized on the Advanced tab of the Property form.
- Using the Application Explorer, expand the Data Model node and the Property list.
- Right-click a property name and click Optimize for reporting.
- Select the tables in which you want to create a dedicated database column for this property. You must select at least one table.
- If the property is embedded, specify the RuleSet and Version that is to contain the new Index- class, the properties in that class, and the Declare Index rule.
- Select whether to optimize the property now or later. If you select later, click the calendar icon to select a date within seven days of the current date to optimize the property.
- Click Next.
- Review the tables to which the property column will be added and the classes that will be mapped to each table.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.
You can view the status of your background job by clicking.