As an alternative to using the Database Trace tool, you can trace system-wide database statistics. As a best practice, do this for very short periods on a non-production system.
ServiceExportdirectory that can become very large quickly, and can affect system performance. Use this setting only for brief periods, and when a single-requestor DB trace is not suitable.
To enable a system-side database trace, do either of the following steps.
- Update the prconfig.xml file and restart the server.
- Update the <database> node of the prconfig.xml file to add this
<entry key="dumpStats" value="true" />
- Stop and restart the application server.
- Update the <database> node of the prconfig.xml file to add this element.
- As an alternative to updating the prconfig.xml file, you can use dynamic system settings to configure your application. See Configuring dynamic system settings.