Incorporate third-party Java functionality into Pega Platform™ by importing a Java archive (JAR) file or class.
To incorporate additional functions into your environment, you must perform the following tasks:
- Set up a custom codeset version.
- Import a custom JAR or class file.
Each task is described below.
- Setting up a custom codeset version.
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click
- Find the code engine dynamic system setting with the following Setting
- Open the dynamic system setting.
- In the top navigation pane, click.
- In the Setting Purpose field, edit Customer to the name of your codeset.
- Click Create and Open.
- In the Value field, enter 01-01-01 as a codeset version.
- Click Save.
Pega Platform can now check against an existing codeset name and version when importing a customer Java archive or class.
- Importing a custom Java archive or class.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- In the Import Wizard, select a location from
which to import the JAR file you created in step 1. Select from the
- Local File
- From Repository
- File on Server
- Click Next.
- Confirm the details of the JAR file, then click Next.
- In the Code Archive page, enter the Codeset name and the Codeset version as defined in the dynamic system setting.
- Click Next to finish the import.
- Restart your environment to import the JAR file into the version of the
- For Pega Cloud environments, file a service request to restart the application server of your Pega Cloud instance. For more information, see .
- For on-premises environments, restart the application server.