Pega-provided node types
You can use the following Pega-provided node types to segregate work in your Pega application:
- BackgroundProcessing – Performs background utility processing.
- BIX – Performs Business Intelligence Exchange (BIX) data extractions for clients with BIX subscriptions.
- Search – Performs search indexing using Elasticsearch.
- Stream – Performs Kafka-based stream processing for queue processors in any Pega. application, as well as for Pega Customer Decision Hub and Pega Decision Strategy Management (DSM) subscriptions.
- WebUser – Performs web application processing.
- Universal – Performs processing for all of the job schedulers, queue processors, agents, and listeners on these nodes. As a best practice, avoid using the Universal node type in a production environment.
- RunOnAllNodes – Associate this node type option with a work resource that you want to run on all the node types. This node type cannot start nodes.
Decision Strategy Manager node types
In Pega Decision Strategy Manager (DSM), you can use the following node types to further segregate DSM work in your Pega application:
- ADM – Runs the Adaptive Decision Manager (ADM) service.
- Batch – Runs DSM background processes.
- DDS – Runs the Decision Data Store (DDS) service for Cassandra-related data processing.
- RealTime – Runs realtime processes such as processing user requests in the context of DSM.
- RTDG – Runs the Real Time Data Grid (RTDG) service.
Pega Customer Decision Hub for Financial Services and Pega Marketing node types
To use Pega Customer Decision Hub for Financial Services or Pega Marketing, you need to enable the following Custom node types for email and data flow services:
- Custom1– used by the PegaMKTEmail decisioning dataflow service
- Custom2 – used by the PegaMKTSMS decisioning dataflow serviceMarketing