Importing an archive might fail if the versions of rules and data instances in the
archive conflict with those on the target. If you are using the prpcUtils command-line utility,
you can configure the import options in the
prpcUtils.properties file to
resolve these potential conflicts.
- From the command prompt of your Pega Platform instance, navigate to the scripts/utils directory.
- Open the
prpcUtils.propertiesfile. The comments in the file include information about valid values for each property.
- Set the import.mode property value. The following table lists the
valid values and when to use them.
Property Description Import This is the default behavior. Use to insert new instances and update existing instances at the same time. Install Use only to insert new instances and log primary key violation messages without updating existing instances. Hotfix Use to insert new instances and overwrite older instances in the target with the newer instances in the archive.
- For imports, set the import.existing.instance property to specify
the behavior when an instance exists in both the target and the archive and the ruleset or
ruleset version of the rule has changed. The following table lists the applicable values,
and when to use them. If you do not specify a value for the import.existing.instance property and the ruleset or ruleset version of the rule has changed, the import operation fails with an exception.
Value Description Skip The import does not update the instance in the target database. Override The import updates the instance in the database.
- To start importing, run the command-line utility for your operating system with the import
- On Windows:
- After you run the command-line utility, review the log file. If the log file lists any additional required actions, complete the actions and run the command-line utility again.