Scheduling the case archival process
You can control when your application archives cases to improve application performance and avoid issues that might negatively impact the performance of Pega Platform.
For more information about reports, see Running a report.
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, select .
- Select the pyPegaArchiver Job Scheduler.
- Copy the job scheduler to a ruleset in your application. For more information, see Creating a rule specialized by circumstance.
- Define the run cycle for the archiving process.
- On the Definition tab, select an option from the Schedule list to indicate how often the archiving process runs.
- Provide additional parameters based on the schedule type that you
For example, you can run the job scheduler every 2 months on the first Wednesday of the month when your schedule type is Monthly.
- In the Start time field, enter a time in hours and
As a best practice, choose a time when there is less demand for case workers.
- In the Time zone list, select an option based on the location of your application.
- Click Save.
- Repeat this procedure for the pyPegaPurger and
pyPegaIndexer Job Schedulers.
- Optional: Repeat this procedure for the pyArchival_ReIndexer property when requiring to fix corrupted indexes after a pyPegaIndexer job.
For more information about these standard job schedulers, review the fields in the Documentation section of the History tab on the Job Scheduler form.
Previous topic Creating an archival policy Next topic Managing your case archival process