Select an archive file of rules and data instances to import.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- Complete the screen to specify the file location.
- If you are importing a file from the server, review the import options:
- Optional: To enable advanced features, select
Enable advanced mode to provide more granular control over
the import process.
Select advanced mode to do any of the following:
- Select individual changed rules to import.
- Select the built-on applications with which to update dependent applications. If there is a later version of a built-on application, all dependent applications are updated to use the latest version of the built-on application.
- Import operators in insecure mode.
- Disable automatic column population if the import adds new columns to existing tables or if the import adds Rule Declare Index (RDI) instances.
- As a best practice, do not select Do not set restore point or save metadata during the import. If you opt not to create a , you cannot roll back to the system state before this import. For more information, see Using restore points to enable error recovery.
- To view the components of the file and select individual instances to load, click Show content details. In particular review the archive contents to better understand which rule sets are capped and to determine the relatives risks and benefits of running uncapped rule sets. After you review the contents, click Done.
- Optional: To enable advanced features, select Enable advanced mode to provide more granular control over the import process.
- Click Next.