By default, the system uses an ephemeral port for outbound communication. If you have a security or firewall policy that restricts the ports that can be used for cluster communication, you can specify which ports to use.
Specify the ports by using a dynamic system setting or by adding
cluster/hazelcast/outboundports to the
To specify a port by using a dynamic system setting:
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- In the Short description field, enter a meaningful description of the setting.
- In the Owning Ruleset field, enter Pega-Engine.
- In the Setting Purpose field, enter prconfig/cluster/hazelcast/outboundports/default.
- Click Create and open.
- In the Value field, enter a comma-separated list of the port numbers to use, for example, 3000, 3004, 3007. To specify a range of ports separate the beginning port and ending port with a dash, for example, 3000-3005.