You can automatically update dependent applications so that they are built on the latest versions of the applications that you import.
- If you do not already have a product rule, package your application in a product rule. For more information, see Packaging your application in a product rule.
- Edit and configure the product rule. Ensure that you select the
Update dependent application check box for each
built-on application for which you want to update dependent applications. The
following figure shows an example: For more information about editing product rules, see Editing a product rule.
- Create the archive. For more information, see Previewing and creating the archive file for a product rule
- Import the archive by using the Import wizard. For more information, see Importing rules and data by using the Import wizard.
- Select how you want to update dependent applications:
- To update all dependent applications with the built-on applications that you selected on the Product rule form, click Import. You will not be able to review the built-on applications that are in the archive or select the applications for which to update dependent applications.
- To review and select the built-on applications for which dependent
applications will be updated, go to advanced mode. For more information, see
Setting advanced mode and reviewing the archive contents.
The following figure shows an example: