Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (MIME) is a standard that indicates the nature and format of a document or file. Pega Platform supports new MIME-type mappings of file type and documents to meet all of your business requirements.
If you want to add a new mapping for a MIME type, or you want to change an existing mapping of a MIME type, you can use dynamic system settings to provide MIME types for your determine document or file type. Static content refers to file types cached from a rule and moved to the web or application server. Using MIME types provides additional static content to seamlessly support file types or documents not included in the standard functionality of Pega Platform for use in your application. For more information about using static content, see Deploying static content to an edge server.
DSS settings uses MIME type keystrings in order to support a given file type. A keystring consists of the following information:
- File extension - the extension used by the file that you want Pega Platform to support.
- MIME type - the general category in which the document or file type can be classified.
- MIME subtype - the exact type of document or file type supported.
- Optional: The character set associated with this document or file type.
- Create a dynamic system setting. For more information, see Creating a dynamic system
- In the Owning Ruleset, enter Pega-RULES
- In the Setting Purpose field, enter web/mimetypes.
- Click Create and open.
- In the Value field, enter the MIME type keystring.
- Enter the file extension followed by an equals (=) sign. For example,
- Enter the MIME type and subtype. For example, application/vbs.
- Enter additional MIME types as needed, separated by a comma and
whitespace. For example, wsdl=application/wsdl+xml,
- Enter the character set that you want the MIME types to use, separated from the MIME types with a semicolon and wrapped in quotes. For example, ;charset="UTF-8".
- Enter the file extension followed by an equals (=) sign. For example, vbs=
- Click Save.