When you start a node for on-premises environments, you can specify the node type assignment for the node. Pega Cloud services assigns node types during provisioning.
- Assign node types to the specific node you are starting. Use the
-DNodeTypeJVM argument to specify a comma-delimited list of node types:
Note: If the same resource is enabled on both node types and there is a conflict in schedules, the schedule for the node type that is listed earlier takes precedence. In this example, the resource that is enabled on the BackgroundProcessing and WebUser nodes runs according to the schedule that is specified for the BackgroundProcessing node type.
- If you plan to use the Decisioning capability of Pega Platform or
implement Pega Customer Decision Hub, and Pega Platform will be running on a Windows 10 machine, install Jansi for
Windows to ensure that Decisioning nodes start correctly. If you cannot install
Jansi on your machine, you can disable the requirement by adding the following JVM
-DskipJansi=true. However, disabling Jansi will limit the readability of the decisioning node logs.
- View the list of agents and listeners that are currently associated with node
- In the navigation panel of Admin Studio, click .
- Check for node types that correspond to the node types that you need for your cluster. If you created node types, verify that your node types appear in the list.
- Repeat these steps for each node in your cluster.
-DNodeType=StreamPega Platform supports creating specialized node types for on-premises environments. For more information about creating specialized node types for on-premises environments, see Creating specialized node types for on-premises environments.