Create and configure archive settings to improve performance and control batch size by creating and modifying the system settings that you use for data archiving.
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click.
- In the Setting Purpose column, click the
filter icon to filter the column by entering
- To set the maximum number of top-level cases per
data retention policy that are processed for a single run of the archival
process, enter dataarchival/LimitPerPolicy.
The default value is 1000.
- To set the total number of eligible cases per
archival policy that are processed in a single batch, enter
For example, if the value of this parameter is 200 and there are 100,000 cases to be processed, the cases are processed in batches of 500.
The default value of the dataarchival/batchsize parameter is 200.
- In the Value field, enter a value for each setting.
- Click Save.
- To set the maximum number of top-level cases per data retention policy that are processed for a single run of the archival process, enter dataarchival/LimitPerPolicy.
- To create additional dynamic system settings for
recording insert values, running jobs in parallel, or updating cases during a
query, perform the following actions:
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- In the Owning Ruleset field, enter Pega-RULES.
- In the Setting Purpose field, enter the name of one of the following archival settings:
- To set the number of records that are inserted in one query in the
metadata table, enter dataarchival/insertBatchSize.
The default value is 200.
- To set the number of crawler, copier, and indexer jobs that run in
parallel, enter dataarchival/maxRequestorChildren.
The default value is 1.
Caution: Increasing the default value of this parameter causes a higher utilization of system resources and might result in slower application performance.
- To set the number of cases and case associations that are updated in one
query during indexing in the metadata table, enter
The default value is 50.
For more information, see Creating a dynamic system setting.
- Click Create and open.
- In the Value field, enter a value for the setting.
- Click Save.