Configure the source and target systems to migrate products from the command line.
- Set up users on the source and target systems. If you plan to migrate schema changes, the users on the source and target systems users must have product export (zipMoveImport ) and import (zipMoveExport) privileges, and SchemaImport privileges. The systems use these users for authentication, and to invoke the services.
- Add target systems on the source system by performing one of the following actions:
- Add target systems on the source system from the user interface:
- From the Application Explorer, navigate to the Data-Admin-System-Targets class.
- Click the class node type with the Class Node icon.
- Click Create to create a new instance.
- Enter a Short description and a Unique Name of Target System, and click Create and open.
- In the rule form, do the following:
- Https?: Select this check box if you want to use HTTP with Secure Sockets Layer protocol for product migration.
- Host Name: Enter a target server host name. This can be a machine name or an IP address.
- Port Number: Enter a target server port number, such as 8080.
- Context Root: Enter a target server context root name, such as prweb or prweb.war.
- Click Save to save the rule.
Note: If you add target systems from the user interface, the system prompts you for the login credentials during migration.
- Configure the PegaDiagnosticUser security role on the source system:
- Create an instance of Data-Admin-System-Security as PegaDiagnosticUser on the source system. Specify the system granting the access as the source from which migration will be initiated.
- Add the same role and user to the tomcat-users.xml file:
<role rolename="PegaDiagnosticUser"/> <user username="pega" password="pega" roles="PegaDiagnosticUser"/>
- Restart Tomcat for the changes to take effect. This user is used by the target system to authenticate and download the products for migration.