Create an archival policy to control which cases your application archives to Pega Cloud File Storage and purges from your Pega Platform database. Create a data-retention policy to control when to expunge (permanently delete) archive files from Pega Cloud File Storage. You can also quickly test an archival policy using a test mode on non-production systems.
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that you want to open.
- On the Settings tab, click Archival.
- Select the Enable archiving check box.
- In the Archive cases that are resolved earlier than (in days) field, enter the number of days that a case must be in a Resolved-* status before it is eligible for archival and indexing in Elasticsearch.
- Select the Permanently delete archived data check box to enable a data retention policy that permanent deletes the archived cases from Pega Cloud File Storage within a number of days.
- To configure how long an archived case must be in a Resolved-* status before the archived case and its associated Elasticsearch index is expunged from Pega Cloud File Storage, in the Permanently delete cases that are resolved earlier than (in days) field, enter a value that represents a number of days.
- To enable a testing mode to configure an archival policy
in minutes instead of days, select the Enable testing
mode check box. You cannot enable testing mode on a production
- Select the Enable Archiving check box to set a testing-mode archive.
- In the Archive cases that are resolved earlier than (in days) field, enter the number of minutes that a case must be in a Resolved-* status before it is eligible for archival.
Use the testing mode when you want to create and resolve dummy cases, and then run an immediate archive and purge process to test the functionality.
Note: Pega Platform permanently deletes archived data immediately from Pega Cloud File Storage while in testing mode.
- Click Save.