Create a database data instance for a NoSQL Couchbase database so that Pega Platform can access that database.
- If the database platform of the additional database differs from the database platform of Pega Platform, or does not use postgresSQL, define Pega Platform the database driver. For more information, see Defining the database driver.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- In the Create database tab, enter a short description, and
in the Database field, enter a name for the external
database. The database name is case-sensitive.
- Click Create and open.
- Optional: To indicate the system of record, in the Integration
system field, press the Down arrow key, and then select the name of
the integration system that you want to associate with this database.The value that you select is for informational purposes only, and does not affect the behavior of the database instance. You can use this value to organize rules for integration connectors, data types, and sources for data pages.
- In the How to connect list, click Use Couchbase configuration listed below.
- In the Couchbase Hostnames section, click Add
Host, and then enter a host name or IP address for a node in the
Couchbase cluster.You can specify multiple hosts.
- In the Couchbase Cluster section, enter the Bucket Name and Bucket Password of the bucket that the Couchbase Server uses to save your data.
- In the Couchbase timeout (global) field, enter the connection timeout, in milliseconds.
- Optional: To specify the names of other database instances that views in this database
can reach, on the Advanced tab, define the database
- In the Database Name list, click the Add item icon.
- In the Database Name field, press the Down arrow key, and then select the name of a database instance that views in the external database need to access.
- Click Save.
- Optional: To test the database connection, on the Database tab,
click Test connection.This test does not test the administrative user that you specify.
- Diagnostic information appears in a new window if the test fails.
- Modify the database instance until the test succeeds.