Export rules from a Pega Platform system into an product rule, archive file, or repository by using the export wizard. An archive is useful for sharing rulesets between instances of Pega Platform.
Do not create an archive when any rule that you want to export is checked out. If a rule is checked out, the original version of the rule is included in the archive, but the checked-out version of the rule is not included. An error message lists the checked-out rules.
When creating an archive file name, consider the following:
- Use a file name that is valid for both the destination server and the current server.
- The ".zip" suffix is optional.
- You cannot include spaces or an equal sign character (=) in the file name.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- Select an export mode to determine the scope of the contents of the .zip file.
- By Application – Create an archive file that contains all rules and data in an application.
- By RuleSet/Version – Create an archive file that contains all rules in a ruleset and version (or all versions).
- By Product – Create an archive file that contains rules and data that are defined by an existing product rule ( Rule-Admin-Product rule type).
- By Patch – Create an archive file that contains rules and data that are defined by an existing product patch rule ( Rule-Admin-Product-Patch rule type).
- Archive On Server – Download a copy of any archive file that is already in the ServiceExport directory of an application to your workstation or another directory on your local area network. Click a .zip file from the list to download.
- Click Perform export.
- Save the archive to your file system or export it to a repository.
- To save the archive to your local file system, click the Download link.
- To export the archive to a repository, enter the Repository name and click Export.
- To display error messages (if any), click the Total Errors link in the lower right corner of the display form.