As a Pega Cloud client, to retrieve data from the internal PegaDATA or PegaRULES databases, you can run SELECT statements using Query Runner.
- You need the PegaRULES:DatabaseAdministrator role to access Query Runner. For more information, see Section form - Completing the Design tab.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- Click the Query Entry tab.
- In the Choose your database field, select from the PegaRULES or PegaDATA databases that you want to run the query against.
- In the SQL query field, enter the query that you want to test. The query must contain the fully qualified name of the table.
- Click Run. Pega Platform displays the resulting SELECT SQL query in the RESULTS pane.
- Viewing previously run queries
You can view queries that were previously run on the History tab of the Query Runner landing page. Queries that are too long to display in the table are partially displayed followed by an ellipsis.
- Exporting previously run query results
You can export results from queries previously run in the Query Runner to an Excel or PDF format.
- Using Query Inspector to improve SQL queries
You can use Query Inspector to generate an EXPLAIN PLAN to help tune a SELECT SQL query for your internal Pega Platform databases on Pega Cloud.
- Improving database batch processing performance
You can improve bulk processing performance for database batch insert, update, and delete operations by using the database/batchUpdates setting in the prconfig.xml file or dynamic system settings. This setting lets you override the default batch size during a Commit operation for databases that support batch updates.