In on-premises systems, administrators can specify its production level, thereby defining operator access and permission to make changes to the system. Production levels control the types of permitted changes and specify the purpose of the environment, for example, development or production.
In Pega Cloud Services environments, beginning in Pega Platform 8.4.1, clients cannot change the default production levels that Pega sets for all environments within each Pega Cloud subscription, depending on the client use of the environment:
- 2 – Development/Test environments
- 3 – Additional development/Test and staging environments
- 4 – Staging environments
- 5 – Production environments
Pega Cloud does not support requests to modify these levels.
For on-premises systems, clients can modify the production level for their system.
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Records.
- Expand the SysAdmin category, and then click System.
- Click the name of the system for which you want to specify the production level.
- In the Production level list, click one of the following
- 1 - Sandbox
- 2 - Development
- 3 - Quality assurance
- 4 - Staging
- 5 - Production
- Click Save.