Viewing and applying schema changes
Review the list of schema changes to determine whether to proceed with the import and either automatically apply the schema changes, or download a SQL DDL script that defines the changes and manually apply the DDL to the database.
- Before starting, you must complete this task: Setting advanced mode and reviewing the archive contents
- To automatically upgrade the application schema, your access group must have the
SchemaImport privilege and the dynamic system setting
database/AutoDBSchemaChangesmust be true. Otherwise, you can create a DDL file to apply manually.
- Click the class name to review the schema changes.
Note: The table names displayed here may be shortened to accommodate database vendor name-length limits.
- Optional: If you did not configure the system to automatically apply the DDL, or if there
is an error in your DDL, you see the View/Download SQL
DDL button. Create a DDL file for your database administrator
to apply manually:
- Click View/Download SQL DDL to create a DDL file.
- Give the DDL file to your database administrator to apply to the database.
- Continue the import after the database administrator applies the DDL file.
- Click Next to continue the import.
Previous topic Updating dependent applications Next topic Inserting new instances by importing an archive