As a work item progresses through one or more flows in your system, the system automatically appends instances to the work item history, recording the date, time, operator, and other facts about the progress. The history type of a history instance for a work item identifies the event that corresponds to the instance.
Work item history is stored as an instance of a concrete class derived from the History-Work- class. The history type is recorded as a single letter value in the pyHistoryType property. This property has one of the following values:
- A — A user begins performing an assignment.
- F — A user completed and submitted a flow action, completing an assignment.
- L — A user completed and submitted a local flow action (other than a transfer), so the assignment remains open.
- M — A user added a memo to history.
- R — A user completed the transfer of an assignment to a different worklist or work queue.
The Operator ID of the operator who creates or updates a work item is identified in the
objects as the performer (
property). For flow steps that are completed automatically, the performer is identified in work item history as
Standard reports based on the analysis of work item history are available.