Creating custom log categories
Organize loggers into custom log categories to make managing loggers and log file messages easier. To organize loggers into custom log categories, you create the log category and then add loggers to the category.
- In the navigation pane of Admin Studio, click .
- Click the Actions menu, and then click Create log category.
- In the Name field, enter a name for the log category.
- In the Description field, enter a description of the log category.
- Associate loggers with your category by clicking Add and
then entering a logger in the Loggers field.
Note: If you select a logger that is already assigned to a log category, the system prompts you to view information about the existing logger assignment. If you add the logger to the log category, then the logger is updated to use this category. You can remove the logger from the other log category to avoid conflicts.
- Click Submit.
Result: The log category is created with ERROR as the default log level. Previous topic Managing log categories Next topic Log levels for log categories