Creating a file containing database updates for import
You can migrate schema changes from one environment to another using the Import wizard after creating a product file.
Create a product file with new database columns, removed database columns or columns with updated sizes from the target database, then use the Import wizard to migrate schema changes between different environments. For example, you can migrate schema changes from your development environment to your testing environment.
What to do next: Import the product file using the Import wizard. For more
information, see Importing data from a file.
- From the navigation pane of Dev Studio, select .
- Click the product containing the schema you want to migrate to another environment.
- In the Individual instances to include section, in the Select a class and press 'Query' field, enter the class name of the database table where you want to add the new column, change the column length, or remove a column from the target database with the updated schema.
- Click Query.
- Select the instances to include and click Submit.
- In the File Details section, click Create product file to enter a name for the product file with a .jar or .zip extension, then download the file locally on your machine.
Previous topic Counting the rows in a database table Next topic Working with class groups