If you plan to import an application with schema changes and a separate DB-Admin-DB-Name and you are using IBM Db2 for z/OS, follow these instructions to configure the import parameters before you import the application, or the import fails.
If you are not using IBM Db2 for z/OS, or if your application does not have a separate DB-Admin-DB-Name, skip this procedure. For more information about your application, contact your database administrator.
When you import an application,
creates a DDL file of schema changes. In IBM Db2 for z/OS only, the
file is populated by the
file that you configured when you deployed
Pega Platform. The
file includes settings for the DB-Admin-DB-Name that is associated with the database schema. If your application has a separate DB-Admin-DB-Name, you must provide similar property values for your application and then run the prpcUtils tool to import the properties. For more information about the
file, see your installation guide.
- Create your application properties file:
- Copy the Pega-image /scripts/config/db2zos/DB2SiteDependent.properties file for your application properties. As a best practice, include the application name in your application properties file name.
- Have your database administrator edit your application properties file for this application.
- Save and close your application properties file.
- Use the prpcUtils tool to import your application properties:
- At a minimum, update the following values:pega.zos.properties – The path and file name of the file that contains the IBM Db2 for z/OS site-specific properties. pega.zos.database.names – A comma-delimited list of all database names
Save and close the
prpcUtils.shscript with the importZosConfig option, for example:
- Open the
- Use one of the following methods to import the application: