Importing the legacy ruleset from the Resource Kit
Applications that require deprecated rules that are no longer included in the Pega Platform distribution need to import those legacy rules from the Resource Kit.
If your applications use deprecated rules that are no longer included in the Pega Platform distribution media, you can import the legacy rules from the Pega Platform Resource Kit. The removal of these legacy rules reduces the size of a Pega Platform installation. The smaller installation also reduces the size of the rule database and shortens installation and upgrade time. If your application still uses legacy rules, they are available in the PegaLegacyRules:01-01-01 in the Resource Kit on the Pega Platform media.
- Import the legacy ruleset from the Resource Kit by clicking .
- Navigate to the distribution media, select
ResourceKit\Utilities\PegaLegacyRules, and then click Next.
- Click Next on the confirmation screen. The next screen displays a list of rules that are already in the system in a different ruleset and conflict with the legacy rules.
- Select the check box next to the rules that you want to load. This replaces the existing rules with the same name and can cause incompatibilities with the existing application that references those rules. If you choose not to load the rules, the rules that reference these instances might not work correctly.
- Click Done to complete the import process.
- Open the Application definition.
- Add the PegaLegacyRules:01-01-01 ruleset to the list of application rulesets, and then save the definition.
Previous topic Changing the built-on version of an application to the current version Next topic Updating dependent applications with the latest versions of built-on applications