Applicable to deployments with Search and Reporting
Control what data in your application is available for the Search and
Reporting Service to include only the information that you require. You can index data
of specific classes into the service to make them searchable for all
The system automatically synchronizes all updates that are related to the
data model with the Search and Reporting Service. You can use manual indexing of data in
case of data conflicts.
Result: The Status column displays information
about the progress of data indexing. For more information about statuses, see Checking search index status.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- Make your application searchable for the Search and Reporting Service:
- In the Data Model section, select the
Applications check box to publish.
By publishing applications, you send information about properties and
classes to the service, which creates a data structure.
- Click Synchronize.Result: The update of time stamps in the Last
change column indicates a successful
- In the Indexing section, select the classes whose data you
want to index.
- In the list of classes, select the check boxes for the data that you want to
index.For example: To include assignment data in the search index, in the
Work- class, select the check box for the
- Click Index data.
- Optional: To remove indexed data of a specific class, select the class, and then click