Managing your high availability cluster
You can manage your high availability cluster using the HA Cluster Management page or in a Network Operations Center (NOC) integrated with the Pega API.
- The HA Cluster Management page details the current status of any nodes running in high availability mode and is used to perform quiesce actions for a node.
- The Pega API provides RESTAPIs for managing quiesce and other operations. For more information about using the Pega API to manage high availability clusters, see Integrating with APIs and services.
About the HA Cluster Management page
Operators with the following roles can access the HA Cluster Management page:
You can access this page from Dev Studio by clicking.
The following data is displayed on this page for each node.
|Node||The name of the node|
|NodeID||The node ID|
|Runstate|| The status of the node: |
|Active Users||The number of active users|
|Last Pulse||The date and time of the last system pulse|
|Last Started||The date and time that the node was last started|
To perform an action on any of the nodes listed on this page, select the check box next to the node(s) and then click one of the following buttons:
- Quiesce – Begin the quiesce process for the selected node(s).
Note: When using the slow drain method for quiesce, you must take the node(s) out of the load balancer rotation before performing this action.
- Cancel Quiesce – Cancel the quiesce process for the selected node(s).
- Refresh Data – Refresh the node data listed on the page.
- Quiescing high availability nodes
Quiesce is a process for cleanly taking a Pega Platform node out of service for maintenance or other activities.
Previous topic Debugging database schemas Next topic Quiescing high availability nodes