Pega Cloud services assigns node types during provisioning. You can associate these node types with resources in order to optimize performance.
Pega-provided node types
You can associate the following node types with resources to segregate work in your Pega application:
- BackgroundProcessing – Performs background utility processing.
- BIX – Performs Business Intelligence Exchange (BIX) data extractions for Pega Cloud services clients.
- Search – Performs search indexing using Elasticsearch.
- Stream – Performs Kafka-based stream processing for queue processors in any Pega. application, as well as for Pega Customer Decision Hub and Pega Decision Strategy Management (DSM) subscriptions.
- WebUser – Performs web application processing.
- RunOnAllNodes – Associate this node type option with a work resource that you want to run on all the node types. This node type cannot start nodes.
Decision Strategy Manager node types
In Pega Decision Strategy Manager (DSM), you can use the following node types to further segregate DSM work in your Pega application:
- ADM – Runs the Adaptive Decision Manager (ADM) service.
- Batch – Runs DSM background processes.
- DDS – Runs the Decision Data Store (DDS) service for Cassandra-related data processing.
- RealTime – Runs realtime processes such as processing user requests in the context of DSM.
- RTDG – Runs the Real Time Data Grid (RTDG) service.
Pega Customer Decision Hub and Pega Marketing node types
The following additional node types are created automatically for email and data flow services used by Pega Customer Decision Hub and Pega Marketing: