Optimizing a schema
You can view possible database optimizations that could improve the system performance, database size or other resource use.
database/AutoDBSchemaChangesmust be true.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- Select the database for which you want to view optimization suggestions.
- Select the type of suggestions you want to view.
- Index suggestions – To view an application other than the current application, select it from the Filter by Application list. Click Create to create an index for a column.
- Unused tables – Click Instance Count to view the classes that were mapped to the associated table and their individual instance counts.
- Unused columns – Select whether to drop these columns from the table.
- Invalid class mappings – To view an application other than the current application, select it from the Filter by Application list.
- Click Proceed with Changes to apply the selected optimizations.
- Click Submit.
Previous topic Optimizing schemas Next topic Schema Tools