Secondary storage repository for archived data
Configure a second storage repository in Pega Platform so your case archival policy can move your defined historical case data to a secondary storage repository and free up space on your primary database repository.
The configuration requirements for this secondary storage repository depend on your deployment of Pega Platform.
- Pega Cloud uses Pega Cloud File storage (PCFS) to store
archived data. During implementation, Pega Cloud services
automatically configures the repository without the need for additional
configuration. For more information, see Using Pega Cloud File storage.
Important: You cannot use a different file storage repository for applications that run in Pega Cloud deployments.
- On-premises and client-managed cloud deployments of Pega Platform
support different types of repositories to store data. For these types of
deployments, if you have not configured a case data file storage repository, then
you must configure on using a dynamic system setting with the name of the file
storage repository for case archiving. For more information, see Creating a repository.
Important: Do not change the storage repository after your case archival jobs run, as it might lead to system errors.
Defining the location of the storage repository
Define the location of the secondary file storage repository for case archival in on-premises and client-managed cloud deployments of Pega Platform.
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Records > SysAdmin > Dynamic System Settings.
- Open the dataarchival/repositoryForStoringArchivedData
- In the Setting Purpose column header, click the Filter icon, and then, in the Search Text field, enter dataarchival.
- Click Apply.
- Click the dataarchival/repositoryForStoringArchivedData setting.
- In the Value field, enter the name of the repository that you added to Pega Platform for case archival.
- Click Save.
Previous topic The case archiving process Next topic Planning your case archiving process