Setting advanced mode and reviewing the archive contents
Optionally use advanced mode to review and select the archive contents before you import the archive. You can also set additional import options for schema and rule changes.
- Optional: To view the components of the file and select individual instances to load, click Show content details. After you review the contents, click Done.
- Optional: To enable advanced features, select
Enable advanced mode to provide more granular control over the
Select advanced mode to do any of the following:
- Select individual changed rules to import.
- Specify the built-on applications with which to update dependent
applications. If there is a later version of an application on which
a dependent application is built, all dependent applications are
updated to use the latest version of the selected built-on
If you do not select advanced mode, after you click Next, dependent applications are updated for all the built-on applications that you selected on the Product rule form for the archive.
For more information about updating dependent applications, see Updating dependent applications with the latest versions of built-on applications.
- Import operators in insecure mode.
- Disable automatic column population if the import adds new columns to existing tables or if the import adds Rule Declare Index (RDI) instances.
- As a best practice, do not select the Do not set restore point or save metadata during the import check box. If you opt not to create a restore point, you cannot roll back to the system state before this import. For more information, see Using restore points to enable error recovery.
- Click Next.
Previous topic Selecting a file to import Next topic Updating dependent applications