Specifying product rule deployment options
To automatically revalidate and save the product rule on import, to provide a file with post-import information, and to specify classes to bypass during an update, configure the deployment options.
- On the Product rule form, click the Deployment tab.
- Optional: To specify a Read Me file to open automatically after
deploying the product rule, enter the second key part (Stream Name) of an HTML
rule that has
Rule-Admin-Productas the applies to key part.The rule must belong to a ruleset and version included on the Contents tab, or be an HTML rule that is always present on the destination systems.
- Optional: To automatically revalidate class instances against an application version
context and save those class instances after the import, complete the
Revalidate and save section.
- Enter the name and version number of an application that is part of the product rule.
- Add class instances to revalidate and save after the import. If an application version already exists on the target system, the system does not revalidate and save.
- Optional: To define the context that the system uses to revalidate and save
rules, in the Access Group field, enter the
application access group.
Specifying the context ensures that the system revalidates and saves rules with the correct application permissions.
- Optional: To validate all descendents of a class, select Include descendants.
- Optional: Specify classes to bypass for updates during an import. The import makes no changes to these classes.
- Click Save.
Previous topic Listing product dependencies Next topic Adding historical information to a product rule