On the Agent Management landing page, you can trace agents to check for errors in agent activity. After the trace is complete, you can view the exceptions and debug the issues accordingly.
To access the Agent Management landing page and view the list of agents and the configuration of email notifications on agent failure, you must have the PegaRULES:SysOpsObserver role. To perform all available actions on agents (for example, to trace an agent and configure email notifications on agent failure), you must also have the PegaRULES:SysOpsAdministrator role.
- In the navigation pane of Admin Studio, click .
- Select an agent name or click the down arrow next to the agent name to view and select a node from the list of nodes that the agent is running.
- Click Trace and select one of the following options:
- Trace next run — Select this option if the next run is within 30 minutes only. If Trace next run or Trace now is scheduled on the same node, this option is not allowed. Otherwise, Trace next run is scheduled.
Trace now — Select this option to start the trace immediately. If Trace next run or Trace now is already scheduled on the same node, this option is not allowed. Otherwise, Trace now is scheduled. You can run the agent immediately and wait for 60 seconds for the agent processing to start. If the requestor ID is available within 60 seconds, the requestor is traced. If the requestor is not available within 60 seconds, all threads are busy and an error is displayed.
- Trace next earliest run — Select this option if the next earliest run across the cluster is within 30 minutes. When you schedule this trace, the node that has the next earliest run across the cluster is identified and the trace is scheduled on that node (if no other trace is scheduled on the same node for the same agent).
- Change settings
- Click Exception to access detailed information about exception errors for agents that are traced.