To gain insight into the configuration settings that control your application, you can search, view, and download settings in the System Settings Guide. The System Settings Guide lists and describes the settings used throughout Pega Infinity to help you make informed decisions when adjusting settings to improve system performance.
The guide contains the following details for each setting:
- Description of the setting
- Default value
- Recommended values
- First version containing the setting
- Corresponding dynamic system setting, when applicable
- Dependency on other settings, when available
- If Pega Platform must be restarted after changing the setting
For example, you review the Pega log file and find an instance of the PEGA0019 alert, which indicates that a requestor has been servicing an interaction for a long time. To learn more about the setting, you search for longrunning in the System Settings Guide. From the list of search results, you select the alerts/longrunningrequests/requesttime setting, and then see that the default value for the setting is 600 seconds (10 minutes). To allow slightly more flexibility in requestor servicing time, you change the setting value to 720 seconds.
View the System Settings Guide
View details about system configuration settings.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click the Resources menu icon, and then click System Settings Guide.
- To search for a setting, in the Search setting name field, enter a setting for which to search. You can enter the setting name or a keyword.
- To view details about a setting, from the search results, click a setting or scroll through the results that appear in the content pane.
- To download all of the configuration settings to a spreadsheet, click Download Settings.