Testing Next-Best-Action configuration with audience simulations
After using a persona test to ensure that your engagement policies and arbitration are correct and give the expected results, run a simulation count to understand how many customers meet your specific engagement policies. In this way, you can check how many potential actions are filtered out by each component of the policy, and discover if a particular criterion is too broad or too narrow for your requirements.
On the Engagement policy tab, click the name of a group, or click All groups to run the simulation for all issues and groups in your business structure.
- Click Actions > Audience simulation.
- In the Audience simulation section, select or create a simulation with which you want to test the proposition filter:
- To use an existing simulation, select the simulation in the Simulation list.
- To create a new simulation, click Create simulation, and then select the audience to use for the simulation.
- After the simulation test finishes, analyze the results to see what percentage of the audience would receive each action according to the current engagement policies.
For each component of the engagement policy, the simulation test shows numerical or percentage values that indicate the population of the selected audience that receives the proposition based on the current criteria. For example, if the result for a criterion that checks if the proposition is active returns 100.00%, the component did not filter out any audience members.