Links may not function; however, this content may be relevant to outdated versions of the product.
Tracking requestor user agents
Identifying the various endpoints that requestors use to connect to the Pega 7 Platform can provide key metrics that can aid future strategic and performance decisions. The Pega 7 Platform helps you to track the endpoints that connect to a node with the pxUserAgent column in the pr_perf_stats table. This column captures information about the requestor's user agent in the form of a user-agent string. A user agent is a short string that web browsers and applications send to web servers for identification.
Most web browsers use a user agent value as follows:
Mozilla/[version] ([system and browser information]) [platform] ([platform details]) [extensions]
For example, the Safari browser on the iPad might use the following user-agent string:
Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; U; CPU OS 3_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/531.21.10 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/7B405
- Mozilla/5.0 indicates compatibility with the Mozilla rendering engine
- iPad; U; CPU OS 3_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us indicates the host configuration
- AppleWebKit/531.21.10 indicates the browser engine
- KHTML, like Gecko indicates the browser platform
- Mobile/7B405 indicates specific enhancements that are available directly in the browser or through third parties.