This article pertains to all Process Commander versions prior to Version 5.4.
When logging in to the System Management Application (SMA), you receive the message:
Multiple Instances of same MBean not supported.
Editing the default MBean security configuration parameters in the prmbeans.properties file prevents this error from occurring in releases of Process Commander prior to Version 5.4.
The PRDBUTIL (prdbutil.war) and PRWEB (prweb.war) applications can both register MBeans on the application server. However, if both applications are running under one JVM (a typical configuration) they produce MBeans with the same name.
The error message appears intermittently because PRDBUTIL is used occasionally and creates an MBean only upon use, not when the application is started. Therefore, except at those times that you or another administrator is actively using PRDBUTIL, the System Management Application behaves as expected.
To avoid this problem, you need to prevent the PRDBUTIL application from creating MBeans and thus avoid any potential duplication.
To prevent PRDBUTIL from creating duplicate MBeans, update the prmbeans.properties file:
- In a text editor, open the prmbeans.properties file. This file resides in the \WEB-INF\classes\ directory of the deployed prdbutil.war.
- Edit the file and replace the existing content with the following lines:
# Deny MBean Access in prdbutil
deny = true
- Stop and restart the application server.
- Verify the change to the prmbeans.properties file:
- Start the PRDBUTIL application.
- Extract a rule or a RuleSet.
- Start the System Management Application (prsysmgmt.war) and successfully open a node.
In Process Commander Version 5.4 and later releases, the PRDBUTIL application prmbeans.properties file includes the property setting deny = true by default.