To troubleshoot offline-enabled applications, use the Tracer tool in a browser window. You can test and debug activities, data transforms, decision rules, service rules, parse rules, and processes. You can select which rulesets, rules, and events to trace; set breakpoints and watch variables; trace reference properties; select which requestor session to trace; and add custom events to the Tracer output. You can troubleshoot scripts that are running when the application is running, without using any additional debugging tools.
- A compatible browse that can run your mobile app: Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Chrome, or Safari.
- An offline-enabled Pega Platform™ application. For more information, see Configuring offline support for a mobile app.
Enabling the Tracer tool
Before you troubleshoot your application, enable the Tracer tool for use in a browser.
- In Dev Studio, select the application to troubleshoot.
- In the Explorer panel, click Records > Security > Access Group and open the Users access group that is assigned to your application.
- On the Definition tab, in the Available roles section, add the Administrator role.
- On the Advanced tab, in the Offline configuration section, select Enable offline support and Enable offline troubleshooting with a browser, and click Save.
Troubleshooting the application in a browser
- Configure the Tracer tool according to the instructions in the Configuring Tracer settings topic.
- Log in to the application that you want to troubleshoot as a user who belongs to the Users access group.
- When the Tracer window is displayed, review the results according to the instructions in the Viewing Tracer results in the Tracer window topic.