Adding and editing an example of a Discount action
Learn how to define your next best action business structure by creating an action in Next-Best-Action Designer that you can later demonstrate in Pega Next-Best-Action Advisor.
Pega Customer Decision Hub
- An action is the marketing manifestation of a decisioning proposition. It defines the life cycle of the proposition. For example, an action can be to retain a customer, to present the customer with a new offer, or to update the customer address.
- In Next-Best-Action Designer, click Engagement policy.
- In the Retention issue, select the Discount group.
- Click the Subscription arrow to see more options.
- Next to Actions, click the More icon, and then click Create discount.
- In the Create Action window, provide the details for your
- Enter an action name, for example, Loyalty discount.
- In the Context section, ensure that the ruleset is your application-Rules.
- Click Create and open.
- In the Edit Action window, on the
Details tab, provide optional details for your
- In the Key code field, enter Loyaltydiscount.
- In the Category field, enter Discount.
- In the Description field, enter: Our special discount for loyal customers.
- In the Benefits field, briefly describe the advantages of the subscription.
- In the Next-Best-Action configuration section, provide
further details for your action:
- In the Starting propensity field, enter: 0.5.
- In the Offer ID field, enter: PO-5001.
- In the Catalog ID field, enter: PC-1.
- In the Monthly recurring cost field, enter: -4.99.
- In the One time cost field, enter: 0.00.
- In the Sub category field, enter: Discount.
- In the Contract length field, enter: 24.
- In the Edit Action window, on the Treatments tab, click Add channel.
- From the drop-down list, select a communication channel, for example,
Note: With the Agent assisted communication channel, a customer makes a call to an agent, and the agent guides the customer through the selling journey.
- In the Configure Agent Assisted Treatment dialog box, click Add, and then click Apply.
- Click Save, and then close the Edit Action window.
Previous topic Adding and editing examples of Mobile actions Next topic Validating your Next-Best-Action Designer configuration in Pega Next-Best-Action Advisor