Cosmos React is an exciting UI framework that offers improved performance, interactivity and response time. As a new and still-expanding product, it offers a narrower feature set than the section-based Theme Cosmos UI. By familiarizing yourself with best practices for the use of Cosmos React, you can make the best UI choice for your business.
Guidelines for new applications
- Use Cosmos React for simple applications that you can enhance incrementally as the Cosmos React framework evolves.
- Review the list of features that are not yet available in Cosmos React.
For more information, see Feature limitations in Cosmos React.
- For new applications that you build on top of existing applications that do not use Theme Cosmos, keep the original UI. For example, Pega Customer Service uses Theme UI-Kit. If you build a new application that is based on the Pega Customer Service application, it must also use Theme UI-Kit.
Guidelines for existing applications
- Keep Theme UI-Kit applications on their current architecture.
- Keep existing Theme Cosmos applications that use a section-based
UI on their current architecture. Consider upgrading to the latest version of
the Cosmos theme ruleset (Theme-Cosmos) in the application
For more information, see Updating the Cosmos theme in your application.
- To shorten future migrations, consider preparing for migration now by checking existing applications for compliance with the App Studio delivery approach. Use the App Studio Compliance landing page to identify non-compliant UI elements in your application, and then plan development time to address identified issues.