Best practices for using Cosmos React in new and existing applications
Cosmos React is an exciting UI framework that offers improved performance, interactivity and response time. As a new and still-expanding product, it offers a narrower feature set than the section-based Theme Cosmos UI. By familiarizing yourself with best practices for the use of Cosmos React, you can make the best UI choice for your business.
Guidelines for new applications
- Use Cosmos React for simple applications that you can enhance incrementally as the Cosmos React framework evolves.
- Review the list of features that are not yet available in Cosmos React.
For more information, see Feature limitations in Cosmos React.
- For new applications that you build on top of existing applications that do not use Theme Cosmos, keep the original UI. For example, Pega Customer Service uses Theme UI-Kit. If you build a new application that is based on the Pega Customer Service application, it must also use Theme UI-Kit.
Guidelines for existing applications
- Keep Theme UI-Kit applications on their current architecture.
- Keep existing Theme Cosmos applications that use a section-based
UI on their current architecture. Consider upgrading to the latest version of
the Cosmos theme ruleset (Theme-Cosmos) in the application
For more information, see Updating the Cosmos theme in your application.
- To shorten future migrations, consider preparing for migration now by checking
existing applications for compliance with the App Studio
delivery approach. Use the App Studio Compliance landing page
to identify non-compliant UI elements in your application, and then plan
development time to address identified issues.
For more information, see App Studio development and Reviewing user interface components.
Previous topic UI version comparison Next topic Feature limitations in Cosmos React